Application deadline for solar subsidy in Maharashtra through MEDA is 20-April-2019. This is as per the latest circular issued by MEDA. Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA) is governing agency responsible for assessing subsidy applications for Grid Connected Rooftop Systems.
How to apply for solar energy subsidy in Maharashtra?
The solar project subsidy in Maharashtra is administered by MEDA. The rooftop solar owners can avail for this subsidy through a solar company
Who is eligible for solar energy subsidy in Maharashtra?
Following is the list of complexes that are eligible for solar power plant subsidy in Maharashtra –
Residential: All type of residential buildings.
Institutional: Schools, Universities, Colleges, and Hospitals.
Social: Community Centres, Orphanage, Welfare homes, etc; registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 and Indian Trust Act 1882.
Note: No subsidy or financial assistance is applicable for government buildings, institutions, and PSUs.
What is the procedure to get solar subsidy in Maharashtra?
The subsidy approval process for eligible customers in Maharashtra is as following:
- Eligible customers should first identify their solar project developer and issue purchase order of their solar services.
- The solar project developer will then prepare required documentation and submit it to MEDA online on behalf of the eligible customer.
- After reviewing the documents and confirming their viability, MEDA will issue a provisional approval for the project.
- Following the provisional approval, the solar project developer will commission and install the solar power plant at the site and submit a completion report to MEDA.
- MEDA officials visit the site and perform site inspection, following which they will issue a subsidy grant letter to the eligible customer.
- After all the processes have been successfully completed and fulfilled, the subsidy amount is directly credited to the account of the eligible customer within 2-3 months of issuing the grant letter.
What is the min and max rooftop solar PV installation capacity to avail subsidy from the government?
To avail subsidy on solar power plant in Maharashtra, the rooftop solar PV project should have a minimum capacity of 1 KW and maximum capacity of 500 KW for an individual, or at a single beneficiary location,.
When can one receive the subsidy on rooftop solar power plant?
Usually one can expect to receive the subsidy between 1 and 1.5 years from the start of the project.
Is solar subsidy in Maharashtra applicable on loan financed solar projects ?
Yes, one can get the benefit of subsidy on their solar PV project even by opting financing options like loans. Oorjan helps in securing such solar finance. The company has partnered with multiple banks and lending agencies to assist eligible users to avail solar loans. And has helped many happy customers to realize their goal of adopting solar energy.
You might also be interested in: Low Cost EMI Solar Loan